Citrix yesterday released version 5.1 of its VDI-in-a-box product, the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution targeted at SMB’s it acquired after taking over Kaviza in May last year. This version is the follow-up of version 5 which was released in October last year.
VDI-in-a-Box offers an all-in-one VDI solution that doesn’t require shared storage and dedicated load balanced connection brokers. Customers just have to deploy the virtual appliance on their hypervisor of choice and they are ready to go.
Version 5.1 offers the following new features:
- Support for PVD layering technology allowing for personalized desktops, where user installed data and applications are stored in a seperate layer used in conjuction with a base image allowing single images management.
- Integration with NetScaler Access Gateway for secure remote access
- Active Directory Failover, allowing administrators to provide more than one Domain Controller
- Virtual IP Address support, eliminating the use of a external load balancer
- Self installing VDI-in-a-box agent.
Labels: Citrix, Release, VDI
This article was syndicated via RSS from: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Virtualization_info/~3/YGAQYOckU8g/release-citrix-vdi-in-a-box-5-1.html