The main feature of this new release is the plug-and-play integration with Data Domain Boost software, EMC’s deduplication software that distributes part of the deduplication process among backup server or application clients enabling it to send only unique data segments to a Data Domain system.
As the press release reports the new features are:
- vRanger 5.4 includes support for EMC Data Domain Boost software, meaning users can configure their vRanger backup jobs to stream directly to a Data Domain system. The new integration delivers significantly faster throughput, reduced network traffic, and shortened backup windows for vRanger customers backing up to a Data Domain system.
- With the latest enhancements in vRanger 5.4, Data Domain Boost can distribute parts of the deduplication process to the vRanger server. As a result, vRanger streams only unique data to the Data Domain system, thus reducing backup times by up to 40 percent, according to internal tests.
- The new release also delivers a host of enhancements designed to provide a more seamless out-of-the-box experience for vRanger customers, including centralized, wizard-driven Virtual Appliance (VA) deployment for faster time-to-value; wizard-driven VSS tools configuration for automation of repetitive tasks; and cluster support from a single VA for greater ease of use.
- In addition, customers can now achieve increased scalability by executing backup and restores directly from the vRanger VA.
- Users can back up, restore, and replicate virtual machine data directly through the vRanger VA; perform Linux File Level Recovery (FLR); and centrally control VAs and backup jobs directly from the vRanger server.
Labels: Quest, Release
This article was syndicated via RSS from: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Virtualization_info/~3/c44-rwaSQ68/release-quest-vranger-5-4.html