This release is obviously designed to integrate with the last Apple OS, Mountain Lion, introducing the support for AirPlay Mirroring and Notification Center.
The press release claims more than 70 new features, more relevant are the support for OS X Mountain Lion in a virtual machine and the optimization for the brand new Microsoft Windows 8.
Other features that can be summarized are:
- Support for Retina Display
- Support for USB 3 connectivity
- Support for Macs equipped with memory of 16GB or more
- Support for OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 graphics and for 3D in Ubuntu 12.04LTS and OpenSuSE
- A new virtual machine library
- 1-click Snapshots
- Various performances and battery life improvements
Labels: Apple, Release, VMware
This article was syndicated via RSS from: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Virtualization_info/~3/sIRFoh9Y5ek/release-vmware-fusion-5-0.html