Vblock systems are already optimized for VMware View and leverage technologies from CISCO, EMC and VMware in a complete integrated desktop virtualization solution called VCE Vblock FastPath Desktop Virtualization Platform.
New FastPath features include:
- A new entry point with additional support for Vblock Series 300 Systems, providing more flexibility for VDI implementations. A single Vblock Series 300 system can support up to 5,000 virtual desktops.
- Simplified IT manageability and control with support for VMware View 5, which provides a high fidelity desktop virtualization experience regardless of LAN or WAN connections. Centralized, automated desktop management provided by VMware View 5 enables the scalable management of tens of thousands of virtual desktops through a single console. VMware View reduces operational costs by as much as 50 percent while increasing availability, reliability and security levels far beyond levels of traditional PCs.
- More VDI flexibility with support for multiple “pools” of virtual machines in a single Vblock system. The “pools” are groups of virtual machines with similar characteristics or policies that can be dynamically expanded or contracted as business requirements dictate.
- Simplified scalability with a new licensing wizard that simplifies and automates the process of adding VMware View virtual desktop appliances.
New VCE features include:
- Increased high availability capabilities with the integration of Cisco load balancing appliances, which automatically routes requests to a server in a Vblock system to the one that is able to most rapidly serve the request. This further enables uninterrupted secure access to clinical desktops and Electronic Medical Record applications.
Labels: VCE, VDI, VMware, VMware View
This article was syndicated via RSS from: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Virtualization_info/~3/VTjYlRusMZY/vce-announces-new-capabilities-for-vce-vblock-systems.html